Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Job gets some advice from his friends Like I have

Thank you all who responded to my post, it was very encouraging to hear from you. I know that you are all there for me, and Job has shared this with me this AM.

I can start a new day today and decide to be righteous, and God will restore me. I need to repent. The Devil wants me to dwell on my mistakes, God wants to bless me and for Glory to be given to His name through my life. Our time on earth is only a shadow of who we become in eternity (reminds me of Gladiator)

Many have come before and struggled with their faith, and many will follow, they would tell me to continue and to love God and to feed myself his word, that my heart would soften and my life would flourish.

How could I think I would succeed without the Lord? What I was depending on was a worthless cobweb, offering no support only a sticky feeling i got tangled in as I fell to the ground, Instead of it holding me up, it makes me flail looking for something real and I am afraid.

How great is the Lord who forgives me of my forsaking him. And he will not turn his back on me, ever. What an amazing heavenly father, who was crucified between thieves to show me the way, again and again.

Trust me, I am weary of leaning on spider webs.

Father forgive me for putting my faith in myself and in the objects of my desire. I will praise your name and give my life for you, every day, every hour, I will adorn the panoply of God.

JOB 8:6 if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your rightful place.
7 Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.
8 "Ask the former generations and find out what their fathers learned,
9 for we were born only yesterday and know nothing, and our days on earth are but a shadow.
10 Will they not instruct you and tell you? Will they not bring forth words from their understanding?
11 Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh? Can reeds thrive without water?
12 While still growing and uncut, they wither more quickly than grass.
13 Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless.
14 What he trusts in is fragile [a] ; what he relies on is a spider's web.
15 He leans on his web, but it gives way; he clings to it, but it does not hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment